Masters Students (Costa Lab - SenSor)
- Date: 10.5.2017
- Location: Champalimaud Centre for the Unknown, Lisboa, Portugal
- Employer: Champalimaud Foundation
- Job type: Full Time
- Position: Internship
- Application start: 10.5.2017
We are seeking for two outstanding, highly creative and motivated master (2nd year) students to develop their master’s research project at the Champalimaud Foundation in two projects that aim to:
1. Develop and apply machine learning algorithms in the study of human mobility disorders. The ideal candidate will have very strong research skills in data science. Prior experience with applying supervised and unsupervised methods through Python is desirable.
2. Develop applications for gathering data from motion sensors on mobile devices (accelerometers, gyroscopes, magnetometer, etc.). In addition the candidate will develop applications for Windows and OSX to collect and process the data from the mobile devices. Candidates should have experience programming for the iOS, Android, OSX and Windows platforms, and preferably experience using the motion sensor frameworks (CoreMotion on iOS and the SensorManager and SensorEvents classes for Android).
The work will be carried out in the Neurobiology of Action Lab. While developing their thesis students will work with a multidisciplinary team on motion-related signals (e.g. 3D kinematics) and clinical data (e.g electronic health records).
Applicants should be enrolled in the 2nd year of a Master degree in Biomedical Engineering (or related course) – both positions are available immediately.
Send your Curriculum vitae, contact information for 2 references, and motivation letter (in English, containing brief description of personal/professional qualifications for this job) by e-mail (subject: SenSor LAST NAME) to: firstname.lastname@example.org