Senior Clinical Psychologists Technician [BOUNCE]
- Date: 21.5.2018
- Location: Champalimaud Centre for the Unknown, Lisboa
- Employer: Champalimaud Foundation, BOUNCE
- Job type: Full Time
- Position: Technical
- Application start: 21.5.2018
The Champalimaud Foundation is seeking to fill the new position of a senior technician to work in a H2020 project in the area of Precision Medicine in Psychosocial sciences and Oncology (breast cancer).
The senior technician will directly work with the Breast Unit and Neuropsychiatry Unit at the Champalimaud Clinical and Research Center ensuring the inter-connection between clinical research strategies and successful management and administration procedures by:
• Psychological and neuropsychological assessment of breast cancer patients enrolled in a prospective multi-center and international study on resilience as part of a H2020 project with 36 months duration.
Qualifications and Skills
• Candidates are required to be clinical psychologists with a PhD degree in a subject related to Neuropsychology. A successful candidate will have a solid experience in the use of neuropsychological and cognitive instruments, as well as other psychological and psychosocial instruments and questionnaires, for patient assessment.
• Preference factors include experience in psycho-oncology, as well as research in the area of resilience.
• Candidates should have excellent academic credentials, have willingness for team work, and be highly motivated and committed to work with oncological patients.
• Ability to coordinate multiple tasks, set and shift priorities, and meet deadlines;
• Fluency in oral and written English and Portuguese are essential;
The Champalimaud Foundation (CF) is a private, non-profit organisation, established in 2005 and dedicated to research excellence in biomedical science. Completed in 2010, the Champalimaud Centre for the Unknown (CCU) is a state-of-the-art centre for basic and translational research, diagnosis and treatment of diseases from brain disorders to cancer. Housing the Champalimaud Clinical Centre (CCC) and the Champalimaud Research (CF Research), with its two programs – the internationally recognised Champalimaud Neuroscience Programme (CNP) and the newly incepted Biology of Systems and Metastasis (BSM), CF provides a unique environment for cutting-edge research. It is now clear that many brain diseases result from malfunctioning of the nervous system together with metabolic changes as well as alterations in the immune and endocrine systems. Likewise, cancer, especially metastatic cancer, involves changes in the tissues where secondary tumours grow and global systemic alterations, as well as compromised host immunity. Therefore, it is of essence to study different systems and how they interact in healthy and diseased organisms, that is, to take an organismic approach to biomedicine.
Champalimaud Research community counts on more than 300 scientists and staff of which 40% are foreign (with representatives from 36 different countries) and of which 54% are female. The Champalimaud Centre for the Unknown (CCU) is located at the beautiful waterfront of Lisbon, Portugal. Lisbon offers a sunny Atlantic-Mediterranean climate, affordable cost of living, and vibrant culture, with good public transportation, international schools and convenient housing options both within and outside the city centre. English is the official language of the institute.
Remuneration will be competitive and commensurate with experience. Applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “*BOUNCE BTI Your LAST NAME*” and include a curriculum vitae and a motivation letter in EN or PT (including a brief summary of past accomplishments).
Review of applications will begin immediately and proceed until the position is filled (ideal start date June-July, 2018).