Zebrafish Research Technician (Congento)
- Date: 13.11.2018
- Location: Champalimaud Centre for the Unknown, Lisbon -POrtugal
- Employer: Champalimaud Foundation through FCT funding
- Job type: Full Time
- Position: Technical
- Application start: 13.11.2018 Application ends: 7.12.2018
A Call for one Research Fellowship (Bolsa de Investigação – BI) is open at Fundação D. Anna de Sommer Champalimaud e Dr. Carlos Montez Champalimaud (Champalimaud Foundation) in the context of the project of Research Infrastructures CONGENTO – PT2020 01/SAICT/2016_022170.
We are seeking a highly motivated candidate to support and assist in the operation and services of the Fish Platform of the Champalimaud Foundation under the scope of the Research Infrastructure Congento.
Duties and responsibilities of the appointed candidate include:
· Maintenance and characterization of different types of zebrafish lines (mutants, transgenics);
· Carry out zebrafish crosses for experiments;
· Perform microinjection into zebrafish embryos to establish stable transgenic lines;
· Perform sperm cryopreservation and in vitro fertilization
· Other tasks relevant for the maintenance and development of high scientific and animal welfare standards of the Fish Platform of the Champalimaud Foundation
The successful candidate will integrate the CF Fish Platform and work under direct supervision of Ana Catarina Certal, PhD.
~ Candidates may be any national, foreign and stateless candidate(s) holding a Masters in Science (M.Sc.) degree in Life Sciences.
~ This is a fulltime position with occasional periods of high demand, requiring effective time management.
~ Postholder will be asked to prioritize efficiently and multitask, without compromising attention to detail.
~ The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, organized, efficient, science-driven and a team worker.
~ A careful eye for detail and strong logical skills are also required. Candidates must be able to communicate effectively in English.
Having a personal animal experimentation license and prior experience in a zebrafish facility/research environment is most preferable.
Send to João Cruz (Congento Project Manager): Motivation letter, Curriculum Vitae (both in English), degree certificates and contacts for references with subject: “Zebrafish Congento Jan2019 YourLastName”
Applications are also accepted in paper, sent or handed to the HR & Fellows Support Office at the Champalimaud Centre for the Unknown.
Additional information about this call may be found here