Flow Cytometry Technician
- Date: 26.3.2020
- Location: Champalimaud Centre for the Unknown
- Employer: Champalimaud Foundation
- Job type: Full Time
- Position: Scientific and Technological Platforms
- Application start: 26.3.2020
Champalimaud Research has an open position for a Flow Cytometry Technician for the Flow Cytometry Platform that will support the various research areas in the center. We are looking for highly motivated individuals who are enthusiastic about a career in science but are seeking beyond a traditional academic or lab position. As Flow Cytometry Technician, you will work at the interface of cutting edge technology and high-impact research. You will have access to a variety of advanced facilities and technical resources. You should be eager to contribute to an intensely collaborative environment and enjoy the challenge of participating deeply in diverse scientific projects. The platform supports all Champalimaud Research laboratories, providing comprehensive training for independent use of analytical instruments and sorts samples at biosafety levels 1 and 2.
The Flow Cytometry Technician is expected to:
- Run Cell Sorters/Analysers to meet the needs of all Platform end users (FACSAria Fusion, LSR Fortessa X20 and FACSCanto II)
- Provide support and technical advice for independent users of analytical instruments – Ensure quality control on all instruments available
- Ensure data, run templates, sort reports and all associated documents per end user are uploaded into appropriate Platform archival and intranet systems
- Perform other duties as requested by the supervisor
The successful candidate will integrate the Flow Cytometry Platform and work under direct supervision of Ana Vieira.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Immunology, Biology, Chemistry, or related field
- Experience operating BD FACS Aria sorters and Fortessa analysers
- Experience in Biosafety Levels 2
- Previous working experience in a flow cytometry platform is desirable, but not mandatory
- Experience in flow cytometry software (DIVA, FlowJo)
- Good teamwork and interpersonal relationship capabilities
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact in an environment with multiple users
Motivation letter, 2-page Curriculum Vitae, degree certificates, names and contacts information of 2 references. This information should be sent by e-mail to email@example.com with the subject Flow [your last name]”.
The candidates’ selection will fully observe all applicable legislation and will consist in the evaluation of the scientific and curricular backgrounds of the candidates, with particular attention given to the relevance, quality, actuality and adequacy of the aforementioned backgrounds, to be weighed as motivation letter and CV (40%). Best candidates will be invited to interview (60%).
Position will remain open until filled.